Gameplay Designer (Senior)remotely
IC Studios (a branch of ICVR) is a gaming studio that creates interactive content both internally and for high profile clients and IPs in the media & entertainment space. Our mission is to create innovative games that wow players through their design, and push the boundaries of narrative gameplay and technology.
We are looking for a talented Senior Game Designer to lead the creation of an innovative and cutting edge virtual world in which players interact with each other as well as high profile IPs beloved by people all across the world. This role will be leading the design of this world, its interactive narrative, and the gameplay inside of it.
Join us to become a part of creating something amazing!
- – Designing and proposing fun and innovative gameplay mechanics, and owning these mechanics throughout development to all the way to final implementation;
- – Designing, prototyping, scripting, iterating on and polishing game systems and features hands-on within Unreal Engine 5;
- – Working closely with our gameplay programmers on prototyping and implementing mechanics and ensuring that the gameplay and user experience is executed to the highest possible level of polish and fun.
- – At least 3 years of professional experience as a designer in the game industry;
- – Proven success in designing and creating fun, engaging, and innovative gameplay mechanics;
- – Excellent written and spoken English;
- – Ability to work hands-on inside of a game engine to prototype and iterate on gameplay features and mechanics;
- – Experience managing junior game designers and working together with engineers and artists to achieve a game’s vision;
- – A strong sense of game design “feel” and creating player movement and interaction that feels smooth and polished to play;
- – Ability to take lead of features, be proactive day-to-day, and communicate effectively with the rest of the team.
Why work with us?
- – Become a part of a highly skilled, passionate, and friendly team that loves what they do;
- – Create innovative and unique games for the global market, and work with well-known existing IPs, worlds and stories;
- – Ability to work full time remotely or in a comfortable office if located in Chelyabinsk. We offer relocation assistance as well if desired;
- – Opportunities for advancement – we’ll work with you to help achieve your desired career trajectory;
- – Assistance with computer equipment or other necessary hardware;
- – Competitive salary;
- – Yearly company retreats with our amazing team;
- – Reimbursement for gym membership (if desired)